Celeb's with Surro's!


Greetings! I’m still on the mend but have made huge strides, even in the last few days since my previous post. My spirits are up, I’m less grumpy, and I ate half a hardboiled egg yesterday. Big news for my intestines.

I am no longer bed bound but still sort of “stuck” in the house. I have a stair case preceding my front door and there’s a few inches of snow covering NYC, so…I thought I would use this time to piece together this post, something I’ve been wanting to write for a really long time. It’s fun, it’s a change of pace, and it makes the very human part of me feel much less alone, and like I have something in common with some of these icons I have loved for years, or rather, like they have something in common with me.
I guess that’s human nature for you. We all want a little context for our situations, some familiarity, and to stand on the shoulders of those that have gone before us.


So…without further adieu, I give you…Celebs with Surro’s!



Jimmy Fallon....this man has got to be one of my favorite people in the world. If Jimmy jumped off a bridge, I'de probably follow him into the abyss. When I first learned him and his beautiful wife had their baby via surrogate after struggling to conceive for 5 years, i'm not gonna lie, I was pumped. He's the coolest. 


“This has been the craziest year of my life. But being a father is the most exciting, amazing thing that ever happened to me"- JF




Robert De Niro and wife Grace High-water welcomed a baby girl in 2011 via surrogacy and De Niro also has two twin sons born via surrogate from a previous relationship.

"One of the most important lessons i've learned about being a father is to keep the lines of communication open with my kids."- RD




Nicole Kidman and husband Keith Urban used a surrogate to have their second child together, Faith Margaret. Kidman spoke publicly about being on a "roller coaster ride" with her fertility when the couple decided to use a gestational carrier to grow their family.



Elizabeth Banks, another one of my favs! Her and her husband Max used a surrogate to have both of their sons and she has been very vocal about her inability to get pregnant due to "womb issues." 




Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance had been undergoing fertility treatments for years before deciding to turn to surrogacy. They welcomed 2 beautiful twin boys in 2008.



Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick used a surrogate after having trouble conceiving after their first son. They were so excited to find they were expecting twin girls!




Hope that was fun to read! 


xoxoxo

Christina 

1 comment

Back to Top