Mother in Waiting

Mother & child c. 1905

This Mother's Day I received a text from one of my dearest friends who has the habit of telling me what I need to hear before I know I need to hear it. It read:

"To the mama whose already asking, and seeking, and carrying a burden for God's very best for her child, Happy Mother's Day."

My eyes immediately weld up with tears. I breathed in deep and smiled gently as my heart absorbed her words. I sat for a moment pondering why her text meant so much to me, and I concluded that she had called out and recognized a part of my person that is very much alive and active inside of me, but seldom seen by the world. She celebrated the mother in me dyeing to get out, that has already been birthed in anticipation of the child I will nurture. I felt seen and understood. My longings were recognized and who I am and was always meant to be was acknowledged. 

I got to thinking of all the mama's in waiting out there. The one's that have been seeking their faceless child for years, longing for the day they will be united. I imagined the pain this day must bring for so many, and how badly they wanted to be recognized and celebrated with the mother"hood" of the world. 

I blessed them all, and celebrated the mother that lives inside of them, as my friend had me. 

Mother in waiting...I see you. And the God that lives outside of time and space, who knows the tiny face you only imagine, and wrote the story you try and foresee, He see's you too.




No comments

Back to Top